Britney Spears‘ interview in OUT magazine taught us a lot. Before we could even land on the mag’s website to read the superstar’s cover story, we learned Britney’s fans can crash a website like no other. But once the site was back up and stable enough for us to click through to the interview (which was conducted via email. #swag), we learn a lot of cool, random, and surprising things about the legendary blonde pop queen, like what her idea of heaven and hell is, if she regrets recording any of her songs, and if she pays attention to the other female pop stars in the biz.
Here are 6 things learned from Britney’s OUT interview:
1. Brit’s got nothing but love for her fellow pop divas: Britney’s not the type to turn up her nose amd shun other female artists, so don’t ever call her a hater. She listens to the other gals’ music all the time. “I love Gaga and Rihanna. Rihanna’s ‘S & M’ is awesome,” Brit said. She even called her long-time “rival” Christina Aguilera “truly talented.”
2.Turning 30 doesn’t scare Brit: Turning the big 3-0 is usually a scary time for anyone, but for someone in the entertainment business where so much value is placed on youth, it’s down right traumatizing. Not for Britney. She’s fine with it. Actually, it’s exciting. “I’m excited to be out of my 20s,” she said. She’ll make the monumental leap out of her 20s on December 2 of this year.
3. The “…Baby One More Time” video could have been really, really lame: If one idiot record exec got his or her way, Britney’s “…Baby One More Time” video wouldn’t have been the tantalizing, yet slightly inappropriate piece of iconic video art that it turned out to be. While divulging the worst advice she’s ever received from a music industry big wig, Brit revealed how bad things could have been for the clip. “Someone once told me that the ‘…Baby One More Time’ video should be me as a superhero fighting a giant robot monster.” Holy lame!
4. Britney hates the way she didn’t “Love The Way You Lie”: Can you imagine Britney singing Rihanna’s chilling chorus on Eminem’s smash “Love The Way You Lie”? Yeah, we can’t either. But it’s the one song in the past 10 years Britney says she wishes she could have recorded.
5. No f-cking song regrets for Britney: Songs like “Lucky” and “You Drive Me Crazy” have grown incredibly cheesy over time for us, but Britney doesn’t regret recording any of them. Why? “All of my songs are f–ing amazing,” she said.
6. Britney is a gay marriage supporter: She’s already been married twice, but in most states, gay couples aren’t allowed to get married at all. Brit is not OK with that. “I think everyone should be treated equally.” Britney has spoken!
Read the full interview and see more photos from the cover-shoot here.