Sit Rihanna down for an interview and you never know what will come out of her mouth. The one thing you can be damn well sure of is it will be entertaining. RiRi’s chat with Rolling Stone magazine for her long-overdue cover story is no different. The 23-year-old pop powerhouse, who looks downright amazing on her RS cover, spills her guts on everything from her rocky relationship with her father, to trying to make things easier, professionally, for her ex Chris Brown, to what she likes to do — or not do — in the bedroom.
The full interview can be read when the issue hits newsstands on Friday, April 1, but a few extended excerpts are already available to peep. And from them, boy did we learn a lot about one of our favorite pop darlings.
Here are just six things we took away from RiRi’s revealing Rolling Stone interview:
1. *In the tune of “Love The Way You Lie Part 2″* She really iiiiis a masochiiiist!: Pain really is Rihanna’s pleasure. She’s not proud of this, and she’s just recently learned this about herself, but it’s the truth. “I do think I’m a bit of a masochist,” she says. “I think it’s common for people who witness abuse in their household. They can never smell how beautiful a rose is unless they get pricked by a thorn.” RiRi says this also explains why she takes “some pleasure in the negativity” the media throws her way. “I don’t want to say turned on by it – but I’m turned on by it.”
2. Rih’s a boss in her career, but not in the bedroom: With a career as successful as Rihanna’s, she has to be a boss in every sense of the word, day in and day out. But when she’s in the bedroom, she likes to take a step back and let her guy take the lead. “Being submissive in the bedroom is really fun. You get to be a little lady, to have somebody be macho and in charge of your sh*t. That’s sexy to me. I work a lot, and I have to make a lot of executive decisions, so when it comes to being intimate, I like to feel like I’m somebody’s girl.”
3. Rihanna likes her man to get hands-on in the bedroom: Chains and whips don’t excite Rihanna nearly as much as she claims in “S&M.” The hands-on approach to one of her favorite bedroom pastimes is more like it. “I like to be spanked… Sometimes whips and chains can be overly planned – you gotta stop, get the whip from the drawer downstairs. . . . I’d rather have him use his hands.”
4. Niagara Falls = Rihanna’s first kiss: First kisses are usually awkward, but RiRi says hers was traumatizing. Why? The poor guy couldn’t keep his spit to himself. “My first kiss was in high school, and it was the worst thing ever,” she says. “He pretty much dumped his entire saliva glands into my mouth. It traumatized me. I didn’t kiss for, like, ever.”
5. Rihanna’s still a fan of sexting: Rihanna’s had her share of racy photo leaks, but she’s still got nothing but positive words in support of sexting. “When you’re not with the person you want to be intimate with, a picture is the next best thing. Well, Skype is safer. But a picture lasts a long time. When you’re alone, and those horny moments come up, pictures can be very handy.” So has she gotten any steamy sexts lately? Nope. “I haven’t gotten a d*ck picture in a long time. I think people are a little afraid. It can turn out bad.”
6. There’s no X on questions about her ex: Questions about Chris Brown are “f*ckin annoying,” so Rihanna said on Twitter, but she still faces them head-on like a true pro. She didn’t run when asked about why she agreed to have the restraining order against him relaxed and what it meant for the their relationship. “That’s my decision. It doesn’t mean we’re gonna make up, or even talk again. It just means I didn’t want to object to the judge,” she says. “I just didn’t want to make it more difficult for him professionally. What he did to me was a personal thing – it had nothing to do with his career. Saying he has to be a hundred feet away from me, he can’t perform at awards shows – that definitely made it difficult for him. That was the only thing it was going to change, so I didn’t care.”