Adele is owning the charts and covering the latest issue of Rolling Stone magazine.
In the mag, on newsstands April 15, the British soul songstress shows off her wicked sense of humor, chats about her fluctuating weight, talks about the inspiration for her record-breaking new album, 21, and shares how the hottest chick in the game (that would be Beyoncé) made her cry hysterically.
We can’t get enough of Adele and love learning things about her. Here are six things we learned from reading a few extended excerpts from her Rolling Stone interview:
1. Beyoncé inspired Adele’s alter-ego: Watch out, Sasha Fierce! Adele’s got an alter-ego too. But she’d more than likely aspire to be BFFs with Ms. Fierce rather than a competitor since Beyoncé inspired her. “I was about to meet Beyoncé and I had a full-blown anxiety attack,” Adele says. “Then she popped in looking gorgeous, and said, ‘You’re amazing! When I listen to you I feel like I’m listening to God.’ …I went out on the balcony crying hysterically, and I said, ‘What would Sasha Fierce do?’ That’s when Sasha Carter was born.” And, no, Sasha Carter doesn’t take her last name from Bey’s married name. It’s actually taken from another fierce woman Adele love, June Carter.
2. Adele’s goodies are staying in the jar, no matter what: Adele has no plans on slimming down and showing off her boobs and booty, but she’s fine with other stars doing so. “Even if I had a really good figure, I don’t think I’d get my tits and ass out for no one. I love seeing Lady Gaga’s boobs and bum. I love seeing Katy Perry’s boobs and bum. Love it. But that’s not what my music is about. I don’t make music for eyes, I make music for ears.”
3. Adele’s stage fright is still major: Despite putting on incredible concerts, Adele is “scared of audiences.” “One show in Amsterdam I was so nervous I escaped out the fire exit. I’ve thrown up a couple of times. Once in Brussels I projectile vomited on someone. I just gotta bear it. But I don’t like touring. I have anxiety attacks a lot.” Holy crap, literally!
4. Daddy dearest should probably keep quiet: Adele’s estranged father recently got his Ronald Fenty on. In other words, he went to the press to discuss his famous daughter, much like Rihanna’s dad has. And like Rihanna, Adele isn’t fond of it. “I never knew my dad. He has no f*ckin’ right to talk about me.” Ouch!
5. Looks don’t matter: It’s probably best to take Adele as she is, because she won’t be changing anytime soon. And that means forget about seeing her go on a diet. “My life is full of drama, and I don’t have time to worry about something as petty as what I look like,” she says. “I don’t like going to the gym. I like eating fine foods and drinking nice wine.”
6. Tampons have multiple uses: Listen up, ladies. Your tampons have more than one use. Apparently they’re great for covering up a broken nail, or so says Adele. “You make it hollow and put it on your finger. I do it all the time.” Uh, gross. We think the broken nail is a prettier sight.