After taking over the Billboard 200 albums chart for seven non-consecutive weeks with her sophomore album, 21, Adele finally rolls to No. 1 on the singles chart.
The British soul singer’s ubiquitous hit “Rolling In The Deep” has topped the Billboard Hot 100, earning Adele her first No. 1 single in the US.
“Rolling” displaces Katy Perry‘s “E.T.,” which previously spent six non-consecutive weeks on top the chart.
There are two new entries in the top 10 this week. Lady Antebellum score their highest Hot 100 debut with “Just A Kiss,” the first single from their forthcoming third album. (The country trio performed the track on last week’s American Idol results show.) And Pitbull‘s “Give Me Everything” Ne-Yo, AfroJack and Nayer rises from 13-8.
This week’s top 10 singles:
- Adele – Rolling In The Deep
- Katy Perry featuring Kanye West – E.T.
- Jennifer Lopez featuring Pitbull – On The Floor
- Black Eyed Peas – Just Can’t Get Enough
- Bruno Mars – The Lazy Song
- Britney Spears featuring Nicki Minaj and Ke$ha – Till The World Ends
- Lady Antebellum – Just A Kiss
- Pitbull featuring Ne-Yo, AfroJack and Nayer – Give Me Everything
- Rihanna – S&M
- Chris Brown featuring Busta Rhymes and Lil Wayne – Look At Me Now