Missed Kanye West during his hiatus from Twitter? Well, he’s back. And he’s ranting. For hours.
The rapper/visionary took to his Twitter account to give one awesomely rambling/enlightening/entertaining rant early this morning (January 5) during which he mused on and on about his love of fashion, the aftermath of the “MTV moment,” awards shows, his mom’s fashion sense, his grammar, and much, much more.
The most important thing that we gleaned from his, for lack of a better word, rant was that he’s starting a new company called DONADA, named after his beloved mother. The company, he says, “is a design company which will galvanize amazing thinkers and put them in a creative space to bounce there[sic] dreams and ideas.” It will be comprised of “22 divisions with a goal to make products and experiences that people want and can afford.”
Yeezy’s looking for a wide array of people across many professions to join his DONDA team, including, “architects, graphic designers, directors, musicians, producers, AnRs, writers, publicist, social media experts, app guys, managers, car designers, clothing designers, DJs, video game designers, publishers, tech guys, lawyers, bankers, nutritionist, doctors, scientist, teachers.”
Better yet, Yeezy gave everyone following his tweets with an interest in joining the DONDA team an email address to contact him.
The company is cool and all, but here are 5 other things we learned from Kanye’s epic twitter marathon:
1. Even at five years old, Kanye would have been on PETA’s hit list: “I remember being 5 years old picking and my mother taking me with her shopping at the discount fur spots. She said I would always point to the most expensive furs even as a child LOL”
2. Kanye was a porn enthusiast in fourth grade: “The teachers said I couldn’t focus… I used to get kicked out of class for bringing dirty mags and drawing Nikeys in 4th grade”
3. Kanye thinks awards shows are “illogical”: “I appreciate having the most nominations at the Grammies but I feel so conflicted by the fact that award shows sometimes are completely…illogical. Good logic tells me smile Kanye… the world likes you again… red or blue pill? … aaaaand Swallow lol I wouldn’t have the prestige I have if it wasn’t partially for the Grammies validation and I honor that….hmmmmm what to wear… here I go again… Yeezy the trend setter or complete fucking fashion victim … the verdict is still out.”
4. Typing + Excitement = bad grammar for Kanye: “Some kids have better memories than others… what about emotional IQs… what about kids who do bad in school because of how bad there…..surroundings are? I meant to say their…excuse me… I just get excited at the possibilities… the more excited I get… the more grammatical errors you’ll see.”
5. When it comes to spending money, Kanye is so un-rapper-ish: “I know this is not a very rapper thing to say but I haven’t bought a new car or piece of jewelry in about 2 years…”